Imaging / Teleradiology
This dedicated imaging tool allows all types of imaging data (DICOM, JPEG, TIFF) to be easily uploaded, managed and stored through the combination of a picture archive communication system (PACS), for storage of images and an image web viewer, for reading images. Another tool enables easy upload and download of images. To comply with high standards of data protection and safety, DICOM images are made anonymous, via a pseudo, during upload (removal of the so-called private headers).
The combination of e-imaging with the SATMED video-conferencing and e-consultancy tools enables interactive teleradiology sessions.
- Upload and download images (DICOM, JPEG, TIFF)
- Zero footprint (no installation of software applications are required at the local site) and low-footprint for images that are (pseudo)anonymised
- Safely store images in a high-performance web PACS
- View images via an innovative web viewer that works on PCs and mobile devices
- Interactive image reading in a group of users when combined with video-conferencing
Please check user manual for more detailed information.
Protection of patient privacy and data security
SATMED fully complies with European data protection standards. Data which would identify a patient (such as name, address, date/place of birth, etc.) is visible only to the treating physician and is not shared with any third party. In addition, such information is only processed through the internet in an encrypted manner.
The Teleradiology tool available on SATMED also provides several measures to protect the privacy of patient data.
Users must enter no private information (patient name, address, date/place of birth, etc.) but only patient IDs. When uploading images, the images will be automatically “pseudo-anonymised” by the SATMED upload tool. This means, any information about the patient which is part of the image header (DICOM header) is removed and replaced by the patient ID.