Date of deployment: 03/2016
- Shares medical records across three hospital ships and synchronising information at the Dhaka headquarters
- Enables Interaction with visiting medical staff from around the world
- Improves healthcare for up to 200,000 patients each year
In Bangladesh, Friendship is active at the riverside areas and the coastal areas of the Bay of Bengal. Friendship’s key working areas comprise of some of the most remote and inaccessible chars and riverbank areas of Gaibandha and Kurigram district, which are situated in northern Bangladesh, as well as areas in the south including Bagerhat, Patuakhali and Barguna district.
Currently, approximately 80 medical specialists provide permanent health care for up to 200,000 patients per year. This permanent team is supported by visiting teams of doctors and nurses mainly from Europe.
Friendship activities are based on a four-tier system:
- Hospital ships – Friendship operates three ships, in which doctors form Bangladesh and visiting teams are active.
- Community-based health services.
- One teaching centre at the riverside area.
- A headquarter in the capital centre of Dhaka, including a dedicated IT office.
Friendship aims to explore the capabilities of SATMED sharing medical records across the three different hospital ships and synchronising information at the headquarters in Dhaka. Furthermore, conferencing and consultancy tools of SATMED provide a simple way for interacting with the visiting staff even when they are in their homeland.
The e-learning tools of SATMED are also very auspicious, especially at the Friendship teaching centre.